Last updated by
Well, we will now see snow Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. If you haven’t yet seen the post I did about the snow expected on Tuesday through Wednesday. Read more here: How much snow to expect from tonight until Wednesday night?
Now if you don’t like the snow, this week will not be your favorite week and vice-versa. Snow will develop to our northwest in places like Illinois and Indiana Thursday morning. Northern Ohio may even see snow before we do here in southwest Ohio. The time this line will develop will be early in the morning, like between 5 and 7 a.m. Thursday. Again, this line won’t be here in the area just yet. The line of snow will still be back in places like Illinois and Indiana.
The line of snow will finally begin moving into the area around 10 a.m. near Portland, IN in Jay County in Indiana. Portland will be one of the communities to see the snow first. The snow will then continue to move southeast. Arriving in the Dayton area around 1 p.m. Thursday afternoon and then finally exiting the area around 9 or 10 p.m.
As the snow does move southeast into the area. It could run into temperatures near the freezing mark (32F). Why is this important? We will be below 32F just about all morning on Thursday but the temperatures will rise throughout the morning as we head towards noon. This means if we get temperatures near 32F we could see a possible wintry mix.
Alright, let’s talk about snow accumulations. The area will see at least 0.4″ of snow, with average snow accumulations between 0.5″ and 0.6″. The most snow we could see from this round of snow will be around 0.7″ of snow. This forecast could change.
Latest Stories From The Blog
- A nice summer day is ahead. Here is today’s forecast for Tuesday, June 25, 2019Tuesday, June 25, 2019: Mostly Sunny Skies | Precipitation Chance: 0% | Winds: Light and … Read More
- Rain eventually comes to an end tonightCourtesy of COD Nexlab Rain will eventually come to an end late this evening. We … Read More
- Here is what your travel impact and outdoor planner looks like for today, Thursday, June 20, 2019Driving to work this morning you may run into a sprinkle. Nothing to serious though. … Read More
- Another chance of showers and storms today. Here is the five day forecast as of Thursday, June 20, 2019Thursday, June 20, 2019: Showers and Thunderstorms | Precipitation Chance: 70% | High: 78 | … Read More
- The NWS confirms 3 tornadoes touched down in the area on June 15, 2019The National Weather Service in Wilmington, OH says three tornadoes touched down in the area … Read More
Get forecasts and weather updates delivered straight to your inbox!
I hope you are enjoying the content! I’m getting ready to attend The Ohio State University in the fall! So content is updated and uploaded when I can work on the blog.
Tracking weather for the Greater Dayton area and surrounding communities.