Last updated by
As we approach Thursday morning, our rain chances will begin to increase. Rain will move into the area around 4 AM Thursday morning. The rain will continue into the afternoon and evening. The rain will be scattered as we head into the afternoon but will pick up in coverage and intensity during the evening. Some rain Thursday could be steady to heavy at times. Rain will continue into Friday morning before changing over to snow Friday afternoon.
As talked about earlier we will have to deal with snow before this system completely moves out of the area. Why will we see rain first and then snow? We will be dealing warm temperatures as this low-pressure system comes from the south, temps will be in the 40s. Then we will get on the west side of this low pressure system. Winds associated with a low-pressure turns counter clockwise. So as the system moves east. The winds will shift from the south and come from the north and northwest bringing cooler air into the area. Temps will go from the 40s to the 30s. During that transition from warmer air to cooler air. We will see the rain change over to snow or a wintry mix at times.
Just as I mentioned earlier, rain will change over to snow Friday afternoon. The snow will last into Friday evening and into Saturday.
How much snow is expected from this system? A lot of snow is not expected with this system. Partly because the ground will be warm and wet. So the ground will need to become conducive again for snow to stick. Once the snow does start to stick. Again, we won’t see much accumulating snow. Most of the area will see snow accumulations under an inch.
What about rain accumulations you may ask? Well, rain accumulations will be less than an inch as well. Some area’s may see locally higher rain accumulations. Especially if you get under prolonged steady to heavy rain. Rain accumulations in general gets higher the more south and west you go.
Latest Stories From The Blog
- A severe thunderstorm warning has been issued for Miami, Montgomery, and Preble counties in Ohio (Weather bulletin at 4:03 PM 7/15/19)The National Weather Service in Wilmington, OH has issued a severe thunderstorm warning for Miami, … Read More
- Heading out today? Here is you outdoor planner for Tuesday, July 9, 2019If you are heading outside today make sure to bring the sunglasses. Temps will be … Read More
- Watching the tropicsCourtesy of the NHC/NWS/NOAA The National Hurricane Center in Miami, FL says that a tropical … Read More
- The heat and humidity returns as wellCourtesy of COD NEXLABCourtesy of COD NEXLAB The heat and humidity will return by the … Read More
- When our next chance of rain returns?Courtesy of COD NEXLAB We have a had a pretty good dry stretch of weather. … Read More
Get forecasts and weather updates delivered straight to your inbox!
I hope you are enjoying the content! I’m getting ready to attend The Ohio State University in the fall! So content is updated and uploaded when I can work on the blog.
Tracking weather for the Greater Dayton area and surrounding communities.