Last updated by
Good evening everyone! Devontae here for you and I’m tracking the chance of rain and snow tonight into tomorrow. Above is a look at the forecast map. Areas I-70 and north will mostly see snow with a few showers mixing in every now and then tomorrow. Areas south of I-70 will see snow and rain. This area just has a better chance of seeing both snow and rain. The more you head south though, the less chance you have of seeing snow.
Above is the NAM Nest or NAM 3K Model. I do believe it is overdoing a bit, but for the most part it’s right. We will see showers and snow move into the area from the north, west and south. I don’t expect the snow and rain to be heavy either. We won’t really see any snow accumulations from this system as well, a trace to a dusting is what is expected so far. Rain accumulations isn’t looking to be too much either, really, trust me.
Here is our rain chances as of today, New Year’s Day. I put us at a 10% chance of rain today. Rain chances go up tomorrow to 25% or 30%. We are dry Thursday and then more rain moves into the area Friday, our chance of rain will shoot up to 70%. Then an isolated shower can not be ruled out Saturday morning.
Here is what our snow chances looks like for the rest of this week. There is a small chance that any rain we see tonight could change over to a few flurries. Then our chance of snow, of course, goes up on Wednesday, but. Our snow chance on Wednesday is not that high either. After Wednesday, I don’t really see any more chances of snow for the week.
Latest Stories From The Blog
- A flood advisory has been issued for Clinton County in Ohio (Weather Bulletin at 8 PM 6/19/19)The National Weather Service in Wilmington, OH has issued a flood advisory. This flood advisory … Read More
- A flash flood warning has been issued for Warren County in Ohio (Weather Bulletin at 7:26 PM 6/19/19)The National Weather Service in Wilmington, OH has issued a flash flood warning. This flash … Read More
- Rain and thunderstorms will continue tonight. Here is tonight’s forecast for Wednesday, June 19, 2019Wednesday, June 19, 2019: Showers and Thunderstorms | Winds: Light and Variable to Calm | … Read More
- A flood advisory has been issued for Butler and Warren counties in Ohio (Weather bulleting at 6:33 PM 6/19/19)The National Weather Service in Wilmington, OH has issued a flood advisory. This flood advisory … Read More
- A flash flood warning has been issued for Logan County in Ohio (Weather Bulletin at 5:51 PM 6/19/19)The National Weather Service in Wilmington, OH has issued a flash flood warning. This flash … Read More
Get forecasts and weather updates delivered straight to your inbox!
I hope you are enjoying the content! I’m getting ready to attend The Ohio State University in the fall! So content is updated and uploaded when I can work on the blog.
Tracking weather for the Greater Dayton area and surrounding communities.