Last updated by
So, if you haven’t heard yet, we are expected to see strong gusty winds today. Look at the map above and look at southwest Ohio and eastern Indiana. Look at the millibars on the map (the black lines) and you can see how they are kind of close to each other. So the winds won’t be very strong tomorrow but this map helps show that winds will be gusty. The closer the black lines are, the stronger the winds are.
So let breakdown the timing of the winds shall we.
8 AM – Sustained Winds: 12 MPH | Wind Gusts: 28 MPH
10 AM – Sustained Winds: 17 MPH | Wind Gusts: 34 MPH
12 PM – Sustained Winds: 17 MPH | Wind Gusts: 34 MPH
2 PM – Sustained Winds: 17 MPH | Wind Gusts: 36 MPH
4 PM – Sustained Winds: 23 MPH | Wind Gusts: 40 MPH
6 PM – Sustained Winds: 23 MPH | Wind Gusts: 43 MPH
Latest Stories From The Blog
- Showers and storms will soon enter the Dayton metro area
- Another day of storms and then we dry out. Here is the five day forecast as of Thursday, May 23, 2019
- A severe thunderstorm warning has been issued for Champaign County in Ohio (Weather Bulletin at 6:32 AM)
- A severe thunderstorm warning continues for Jay County in Indiana this morning (Weather Bulletin at 5:44 AM 5/23/19)
- Severe weather situation update for Thursday, May 23, 2019
Get forecasts and weather updates delivered straight to your inbox!
I hope you are enjoying the content! I’m still in high school so content is uploaded and updated whenever I get the chance.
Tracking weather for the Greater Dayton area and surrounding communities.