Last updated by
The Climate Prediction Center is forecasting for us to have a cold end to January. The CPC has forecasted for us to be 80% below average in temperatures.
Here is a look at the GFS model from the end of January to the beginning of February. Now it should be noted that the GFS over does it sometimes. However, this is good for showing us a general idea of how low temps will go.
The model shows arctic air coming from Canada. Some days here in the Miami Valley, regular air temps, excluding wind chill values, could approach zero degrees. I have this particular model running from Jan. 25 to Feb. 6 and it shows the cold air continuing into February.
Latest Stories From The Blog
- Showers and storms will soon enter the Dayton metro area
- Another day of storms and then we dry out. Here is the five day forecast as of Thursday, May 23, 2019
- A severe thunderstorm warning has been issued for Champaign County in Ohio (Weather Bulletin at 6:32 AM)
- A severe thunderstorm warning continues for Jay County in Indiana this morning (Weather Bulletin at 5:44 AM 5/23/19)
- Severe weather situation update for Thursday, May 23, 2019
Get forecasts and weather updates delivered straight to your inbox!
I hope you are enjoying the content! I’m still in high school so content is uploaded and updated whenever I get the chance.
Tracking weather for the Greater Dayton area and surrounding communities.