Last updated by
Just about everyone Dayton and west are under a marginal risk for severe weather today. Dayton and points east are under a slight risk for severe weather. Eastern portions of Clinton County is under an enhanced risk for severer weather.
Let’s break it down, what does a marginal, slight, and enhanced risk mean? A marginal risk means we could see some storms possibly become strong to severe. A slight risk for severe weather means there is a better chance to see some strong to severe thunderstorms. An enhanced risk for severe weather means we will see numerous thunderstorms that could and possibly will become severe.
A line of scattered showers and storms will move through the area this afternoon evening. Some of these showers and storms could become severe. The line will move into the area around 2 or 3 PM. Storms will move from southwest to northeast this afternoon and evening. As the showers and storms progress off to the northeast they will pick up in coverage and intensity. Showers and storms should be out of the area by 8 PM tonight. Lingering rain will still be possible after 8 PM.
So here is what our severe weather threats look like for today. The threat of tornadoes, hail, and flooding are moderate today. The threat of damaging winds is high. Have a plan and know where to go in the event of severe weather. Stay with The Greater Dayton Weather Post for more updates.
Latest Stories From The Blog
- Showers and storms will soon enter the Dayton metro area
- Another day of storms and then we dry out. Here is the five day forecast as of Thursday, May 23, 2019
- A severe thunderstorm warning has been issued for Champaign County in Ohio (Weather Bulletin at 6:32 AM)
- A severe thunderstorm warning continues for Jay County in Indiana this morning (Weather Bulletin at 5:44 AM 5/23/19)
- Severe weather situation update for Thursday, May 23, 2019
Get forecasts and weather updates delivered straight to your inbox!
I hope you are enjoying the content! I’m still in high school so content is uploaded and updated whenever I get the chance.
Tracking weather for the Greater Dayton area and surrounding communities.