Last updated by
The Storm Prediction Center in Norman, OK has placed just about the entire Miami Valley under a slight risk (2/5) for severe weather. The only county so far not under a slight risk but just a marginal risk (1/5) for severe weather is Clinton County. Any thunderstorms we see tomorrow could become strong to severe.
We will see two lines of showers and storms tomorrow. The first line should get here late Sunday morning into early Sunday afternoon. That line will move out of the area as we head towards the later afternoon, 5 or 6 PM. I will then be watching another, stronger line of showers and storms that will move into the area later Sunday evening. It should arrive around 7 or 8 PM. I will have to see if earlier showers and storms sort of limits the severity of the second line in the evening. Cloud cover throughout the day will also be important. If clouds break, the atmosphere could destabilize and that means a better chance of thunderstorms. The NAM 3K model (the model above) is showing once the line moves into the area it should began to weaken though.
Here is what our severe weather threats look like for now. Our main threats will be hail and damaging winds. The threat of a tornado is low but can’t be ruled out. Stay with The Greater Dayton Weather Post for updates.
Latest Stories From The Blog
- Rounds of showers and storms expected today. Some could become severeDay 1 Convective Outlook – Courtesy of the SPC/NWS/NOAA The storm prediction center has placed … Read More
- Happy Father’s Day! Here is today’s forecast for Sunday, June 16, 2019Forecast for the Miami Valley and eastern portions of the White River Valley. Today’s Forecast … Read More
- Earthquake shakes ClevelandThe USGS says a 4.0 earthquake struck off the coast of Ohio today near Cleveland. … Read More
- Here is what your outdoor planner looks like for today, Monday, June 10, 2019If you have any outdoor plans today, the weather should be on your side. Rain … Read More
- A slight cool down is comingCourtesy of the CPC/NOAA/NWS – Days 6 to 10 The Climate Prediction Center has placed … Read More
Get forecasts and weather updates delivered straight to your inbox!
I hope you are enjoying the content! I’m getting ready to attend The Ohio State University in the fall! So content is updated and uploaded when I can work on the blog.
Tracking weather for the Greater Dayton area and surrounding communities.