Last updated by
Here is a look at the latest weather alerts. There is a tornado watch back in parts of Indiana this morning.
The Storm Prediction Center in Norman, OK has placed portions of the western coverage area under a slight risk (2/5) for severe weather. The rest of the area is under a marginal risk (1/5) for severe weather. This means we could see thunderstorms become strong to severe this morning.
A line of showers and storms will move through the area this morning. Storms storms may become strong to severe. The line will also be moving through the area during the morning commute. So expect travel impacts. The line should be out of here by late this morning.
Here is a look at our severe weather threats. The possibility of a tornado is low but can’t be ruled out. The chance of hail is also low but we will deal with some gusty winds this morning. If you look back at the model above you can see the line of storms began to sort of bow out like a backwards C. That’s indicative of some potentially strong winds. I will say flooding is also low but will have to be watched.
Latest Stories From The Blog
- Rounds of showers and storms expected today. Some could become severeDay 1 Convective Outlook – Courtesy of the SPC/NWS/NOAA The storm prediction center has placed … Read More
- Happy Father’s Day! Here is today’s forecast for Sunday, June 16, 2019Forecast for the Miami Valley and eastern portions of the White River Valley. Today’s Forecast … Read More
- Earthquake shakes ClevelandThe USGS says a 4.0 earthquake struck off the coast of Ohio today near Cleveland. … Read More
- Here is what your outdoor planner looks like for today, Monday, June 10, 2019If you have any outdoor plans today, the weather should be on your side. Rain … Read More
- A slight cool down is comingCourtesy of the CPC/NOAA/NWS – Days 6 to 10 The Climate Prediction Center has placed … Read More
Get forecasts and weather updates delivered straight to your inbox!
I hope you are enjoying the content! I’m getting ready to attend The Ohio State University in the fall! So content is updated and uploaded when I can work on the blog.
Tracking weather for the Greater Dayton area and surrounding communities.