Last updated by
The Storm Prediction Center in Norman, OK has placed the entire Miami Valley under a marginal risk (1/5) for severe weather. This means any thunderstorms we see today could become strong to possibly severe.
We will have showers and thunderstorms that will blossom this afternoon caused by the heating of the day that occurs in the afternoon. These showers and storms will be spotty/hit or miss. So not everyone will see you see showers and thunderstorms today. Again though, a few of these thunderstorms could be a little on the stronger side. The showers and thunderstorms will pop up around 1 o’clock this afternoon and continue past midnight tonight. Although as we head towards midnight the showers and thunderstorms will begin to diminish and the severity of the storms will be very low. However, looking forward to fireworks that some cities are putting on tonight. The rain and storms could put a damper on some of those firework shows.
Ok, let’s look at some of our severe weather threats for tonight with some of these storms. As of now the threat of a tornado and hail is low. Damaging winds will be our main threat tonight. Flooding is another thing we will have to watch out for as we get some of these pop up showers thunderstorms that move into the area. Some of them could be prolonged over certain areas at different times of the day. With that being said, some rain could be moderate to heavy at times as well. So again, flooding will be another thing we will have to watch out for.
Latest Stories From The Blog
- A severe thunderstorm warning has been issued for Miami, Montgomery, and Preble counties in Ohio (Weather bulletin at 4:03 PM 7/15/19)The National Weather Service in Wilmington, OH has issued a severe thunderstorm warning for Miami, … Read More
- Heading out today? Here is you outdoor planner for Tuesday, July 9, 2019If you are heading outside today make sure to bring the sunglasses. Temps will be … Read More
- Watching the tropicsCourtesy of the NHC/NWS/NOAA The National Hurricane Center in Miami, FL says that a tropical … Read More
- The heat and humidity returns as wellCourtesy of COD NEXLABCourtesy of COD NEXLAB The heat and humidity will return by the … Read More
- When our next chance of rain returns?Courtesy of COD NEXLAB We have a had a pretty good dry stretch of weather. … Read More
Get forecasts and weather updates delivered straight to your inbox!
I hope you are enjoying the content! I’m getting ready to attend The Ohio State University in the fall! So content is updated and uploaded when I can work on the blog.
Tracking weather for the Greater Dayton area and surrounding communities.